Looking for something?
Hello! A project and a blog once lived here. Now, by popular demand, my project has changed its name to Hivemind and found a new home. (All old hyperlinks will continue to work.)
Still, this blog remains!
It’s a great blog.
Consistently winning praise, retweets, and upvotes from Bitcoin Experts around the web, this blog is famous for getting the “last word” on topics such as:
- When blockchains are useful, from First Principles.
- Why Proof of Stake isn’t cheaper, and isn’t better than Proof of Work.
- Why Smart Contracts are Bad for Bitcoin, but Oracles are Good, and How to Fix Smart Contracts.
- Bitcoin and Deflation - Why the focus on macro is a waste of time.
- The “BitUSD”, namely “why it was always going to be a dissapointment”.
- Decentralization - how to measure it and how to increase it.
- …and much more!
What’s the Point?
The synthesis of everything that I’ve written so far is that Bitcoin is a specific solution to a specific problem. Attempts to generalize Bitcoin’s “blockchain” to new areas will, in general, end in failure.
Ironically, I’ve done exactly such a generalization with my own Bitcoin 2.0 project! And, believe it or not, I even have two other Bitcoin 2.0 projects planned!
So I suppose the real message is “you’d better run it by me first”, or “read this blog to learn about the things you should avoid”.
The opinions expressed here are my own and not at all necessarily shared by Tierion. In general, I cannot understate the complexity of modern blockchain technology. Many of the smartest, most experienced, and most-hardworking people I have ever met, have worked in this area and made mistakes and embarassed themselves (myself included, of course). Anyone with a shred of wisdom will think twice, preferably several times, before relying on any of the blockchain-information presented here.
Email: truthcoin /at/gmail/
PGP Key: F162C410
My [Twitter](https://twitter.com/Truthcoin) Office Hours are 8-9 AM, 5-6 PM, and while riding in elevators.